"like" me on facebook

Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Hungry Asian: Sea Creature

Good evening/good morning depending on what time you're reading this post. I was going through swatch photos on my laptop, editing for size and adding my watermark, and needed to upload something pretty after looking at everything for so long. So out of my vault is The Hungry Asian's Sea Creature. The Hungry Asian was one of my first indie purchases so this brand holds a special place in my heart. And has the most adorable heart shaped mini bottles.

Here is Sea Creature, a densely packed, blackish blue-based glitter bomb with tiny flecks of black, blue, and red glitters.

 Macro bottle shots:

And my manicure using Sea Creature. So dark, a little mysterious, and packed with glitter. Love it!


Click "Read more" for additional swatches and information of where to purchase polishes from The Hungry Asian!



I chose to pair Sea Creature over one coat of China Glaze Liquid Leather, a true black creme:

All photos show one coat of Liquid Leather, one coat of Sea Creature, and no top coat.  They were taken in natural light without flash.

Close up shot of all the pretty glitters. So much depth!




Application was great. I think that you could use Sea Creature as a stand alone polish (i.e. no undies) but it would be a real b*tch to get off of the nails just because it is such a glitter bomb -- which is a good thing in my book. I would always rather have too much glitter than not enough in a polish. :)

The only thing I would change next manicure around is adding a topcoat. I skimped on one for some reason and it was slightly gritty. But other than that, a great polish! I will most likely try it over a blue next time.

The Hungry Asian polishes can be purchased on Etsy. Or you can check out Facebook for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment