"like" me on facebook

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Kawaii Nail Lacquer: Gryffindor

Today I have another great lacquer from Kawaii Nail Lacquer. This one is Gryffindor, also from the Harry Potter collection. 
 
Gryffindor is a clear topcoat with red hexes and squares and gold hexes, squares, and bars. 
I started off my manicure with OPI Danke-Shiny Red, a red lacquer from OPI's Fall 2012 Germany collection. The bottle shot leans a little more orange than Danke-Shiny Red actually is, but the swatch reads more true to life.
 This is two coats of Danke-Shiny Red, no topcoat.
I used two coats of Gryffindor over Danke-Shiny Red and then applied a coat of Seche Vite topcoat.
Application of Gryffindor was good. I was able to get a good mix of the different glitter shapes on my nails and nothing was curling. I like the red-on-red in this manicure and think that the glitters in Gryffindor pull out more of the high shine that Danke-Shiny Red has on its own.

Kawaii Nail Lacquer can be purchased on Etsy. And make sure to like the Kawaii Nail Lacquer Facebook page so that you are current on updates and new releases!

Note: Gryffindor was provided to me for my honest review.

1 comment: