"like" me on facebook

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Kawaii Nail Lacquer: Slytherin

I really love the Harry Potter series. I'm in the middle of re-reading them and it amazes me that they're so well written. I bet that J.K. Rowling can be credited with getting a lot of kids to read who wouldn't normally be interested in sitting with a book. And they aren't just good for kids. I'm in my 20s and still appreciate them. 

So when I received Slytherin from Jamie at Kawaii Nail Lacquer, I was super excited. Slytherin contains hex glitter in silver and green -- the colors of the Slytherin house -- in a clear base.
I decided to pair Slytherin with OPI Don't Talk Bach To Me from the Fall 2012 Germany collection that I'm working my way through. Don't Talk Bach To Me is a funky sort of avocado color that I thought would pair really nicely with the emerald green in Slytherin.
 Here are two coats of Don't Talk Bach To Me, no topcoat.
And here is one coat of Slytherin over Don't Talk Bach To Me. A coat of Seche Vite topcoat glosses off the look.
I really liked this pairing, if I do say so myself. The greens play well together.

Application of Slytherin was great. I didn't have any issues and I thought that it had just the right amount of glitter in it for a glitter topcoat. You could probably build this for a glitter-only manicure, but that would take quite a few coats.

Kawaii Nail Lacquer can be purchased on Etsy. And make sure to like the Kawaii Nail Lacquer Facebook page so that you are current on updates and new releases!

Note: Slytherin was provided to me for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment